Six years after its launch, the AR mobile game "Pokémon Go" continues to generate high revenue.
Since its official release in the summer of 2016, "Pokémon Go" has always been one of the most popular mobile games with the highest revenue in the world, and its cumulative revenue has exceeded US $6 billion so far.
In 2021, the revenue of "Pokémon Go" was about $1.3 billion, ranking No. 7 on the global mobile game bestseller list. In the first quarter of this year, the revenue of "Pokémon Go" reached $198million, a decrease of 45% compared with the same period last year, but it still ranked 11th in the best-selling list, significantly ahead of other mobile game products in the same category, such as the AR mobile game "Dragon Quest Walk" ($90.4 million) owned by SQUARE ENIX, and the Jurassic World alive ($7.2 million) developed by Ludia.
Only a few mobile games has reached the milestone of $6billion, such as Clash of Clans, Candy Crush, PUBG Mobile and Honor of Kings.
In the total revenue of Pokémon Go, its revenue in the U.S. market has reached $2.2 billion so far, accounting for about 36.6%. Japan and Germany ranked second and third in the statistics, with revenue accounting for 32.6% and 5.2% respectively. If divided by platform, the cumulative revenue of so far in Google Play Store ($3.1 billion, accounting for 52.3%) is slightly higher than its revenue in App Store ($2.8 billion, 47.7%).
From the perspective of download volume, Sensor Tower said that up to now, the global cumulative download volume of Pokémon Go has reached 678 million times, with 517million times (accounting for 76.3%) and 161million times (23.7%) downloaded in Google Play and App Store respectively.
Netease Games Exceeded Expectations Again! What about the New Game Diablo: Immortal?
- Netease Games Exceeded Expectations Again! What about the New Game Diablo: Immortal?Industry Research
- By 2025, Female Gamers in the Middle East and North Africa Will Drive the Revenue to over $5 BillionIndustry Research
- Everything Apple Announced at WWDC 2022: New MacBooks, iOS 16, and MoreIndustry Research
- 5 million Chinese App developers are in iOS App EcosystemIndustry Research
- Global Mobile Game Revenue Decreased for the First TimeIndustry Research
- NetEase Game Has Performed Well for 5 Years in the Top 52 Global DevelopersIndustry Research
- Is iOS 15.5 Worth Updating? iOS 15.6 Has Been Released!Industry Research
- The Keys to Win Mobile Game Market in 2022: Top 8 Game Mechanics in Hyper-casual GamesIndustry Research